1. Q: Why is stress not all bad?
A: No. it can help immune systems.
2. Q: What is stress management?
A: Prevent or release the negative affect of stress
3. Q: Why aren’t health professionals not worried about losing their jobs?
A: There are too many people have stress related problems.
4. Q: What is the goal of stress management?
A: Let life go on.
5. Q: How to our bodies react to stress, in general, and why?
A: Excited, to prepare for escape from danger.
6. Q: What does “all of which” refer to? When are the physical reactions to stress useful, and when are they not useful?
A: Signals of body’s reaction to stress. Physical, but not emotional.
7. Q: Why does emotional stress hurt us?
A: Physical preparation for emotional stress hurts the walls of blood vessels.
8. Q: Paraphrase Dave Evans.
A: An employee assistance counselor.
9. Q: What does Evans recommend, in general?
A: Focus and control.
10. Q: What does “control what we can without sweating the rest” mean?
A: Work it out actually.
11. Q: Why did Evans quote Hans Selye?
A: To show the connection between emotional and illness.
12. Q: Paraphrase Hans Selye.
A: Founder of modern stress management
13. Q: Does Dennis O’Grady agree with Selye?
14. Q: What does O’Grady think about how much control we have?
A: We don’t have control.
15. Q: How do we cause ourselves more stress, according to Evans?
A: Chasing unrealizable objects.
16. Q: According to Bruce Stapleton, what is another thing that causes us stress?
A: Too difficult to achieve goal..
17. Q: How can we avoid the kind of stress Stapleton is talking about?
A: By defining very clear and definitive focus
18. Q: What is the main ides of the article?
A: How to improve Stress Management.
Leave a Reply