In Microsoft Word 2003, you can replace text as in other programs. However, you can replace line breaks, graphics, and special formats as well. For example, to seperact and to add a serial number before every sentence, you can replace sentence-ending punctuations, such as periods and question marks, to the same punctuations plus a line break, click the numbering toolbar button, and make some minor manual changes for misreplacement.
Steps to numberize sentences:
- Add a empty line to the end of the document by pressing Enter
- Select the last line.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- On the Edit menu, click Replace.
- If you don’t see the Format button, click More.
- In the Find what box, enter a period.
- In the Replace With box, type a period.
- In the Replace With box, type “^C“, or Click Special, and select Clipboard Contents
- Click Replace All
- Repeat step 6-9 for every other punctuation.
- Repeat step 6-9 for each common misreplacement, such as Dr. or URL. Use ^C instead of a line break in finding and replacing.
- click the numbering toolbar button on the Formating toolbar.
- Make manually correction for other misreplacements.