In this post, there are several things programmer complain their predecessor
- hundreds of forms named form1,form2, etc
- No design document and no comment, or writing comment in Japanese in critical modules
- Does not know how to use loop to reduce hundreds of lines to a few lines
- name variables like aa,bb,cc, etc
- Pretend to know how to code. E.g. claim the TreeView control in VB6 cannot be manipulated in a loop, then blame Microsoft for catching syntax errors and declare them as Microsoft Bugs, This guy also somehow make a three-line loop into 255 lines.
- Writing comments like “//I also don’t know what the following code does”
- Extensive gotos
And imagine you are asked to cleanup the code…
So don’t do things that your successors would complain.